HOT SHOTS RED AWARDS
The Hot Shots Red Awards have been designed for players between the ages of 4 and 8 years old to help younger players take part in exciting exercises with regular rewards which encourage them to develop their tennis skills at a pace that suits them.
Mini Red players progress through different levels by aquiring new skills and taking part in exercises. There are four levels in Mini Red: Red 5, Red 10, Red 15 (squad only), Red 20 (squad only).
Within each of the four levels, Mini Red players learn and are tested on four important skills:
- Rally – Learning and developing rallying skills
- Serve – Learning and developing serving skills
- Come to the net – Learning and developing movement forwards and volleying
- Score and Compete – Learning the rules, how to score, how to compete and fair play
The Tennis Gear Hot Shots Tennis Red Awards can be completed with a sponge or a felt ball.
Within the Hot Shots Tennis Red Awards there are:
- Key teaching points – these are technical points to be aware of, which can be built into lessons as areas of development, but they should not all be used at the same time.
- Movement – movement skills are vital for development and are written into each Awards skill exercise.
- Mental skills – are vital for all round game development and are written into each Awards skill exercise.